Today I am here with the best booty and leg workout for the gym. This workout has got me sore for 3 days. Seriously, I couldn’t feel my legs, when we left the gym, haha.
If you are just starting out, I recommend downloading my 28-days GET-FIT challenge. It will help you kick start your journey the right way with detailed workout illustrations, instructions, and the right motivation.
And if you are new to the gym, this video will be your life saver! I know how hard it can be when you are first starting out at the gym. You feel unsure about everything, you thing everyone is staring at yourself and so on.
Having a detailed workout prepared and knowing exactly how many reps, sets and weight you are going to do, helps so much with insecurity and overwhelm.
So, let’s get into the workout!
Leg and booty workout at the gym
Make sure to follow me on Instagram @hanaviktorija 🙂
And here is a little video from my Instagram 🙂 So you can see how to perform the exercises.
View this post on Instagram
EPIC BOOTY WORKOUT 🔥 Heute haben wir mit der @elina_0701 so ein tolles Bein Workout gehabt 💪🏼 Had such a killer workout with my girly 👭 1️⃣ Sumo Deadlifts – 4×15 2️⃣ Bulgarian split squats – 3×10 per leg 3️⃣ Half squats – 4×12 4️⃣ Hip thrusts – 4×20 5️⃣ Cable kick backs – 3×12 per leg 6️⃣ Superset ✖️ leg extensions ✖️ hamstring curls (not in the video) – 3×12 Make sure to save this for your next workout session 💪🏼💥 . . . . . #fitnessvideos #fitnessvideo #fitnessgirl #fitnesslife #fitgirl #fitfam #fitfamaustria #health #workout #bootyworkout #bootyworkoutvideo #workoutvideos #workoutvideo #legdayworkout #legday #girlworkouts #gogirl
1. Sumo deadlifts
This one is my favorite for the glutes and hamstrings. It targets the upper back of your legs, the spot, where a lot of women hold a lot of fat onto.
So, if you are struggling with holding fat in that area, this is your exercise.
- Hold the barbell shoulder-width apart. Push the shoulderblades down and away from the ears.
- Stand a lot wider than hip-width apart and point your toes outward (45°)
- The knees should be directed to the toes during the whole movement
- With a STRAIGHT BACK bend your torso forward, push your hips backward, WITHOUT bending your knees too much.
- As you reach your knees with the barbell, bend your knees, till the barbell hits the floor.
- Do the exact movement backward to standing position.
Choose such a weight, that you are able to perform 3-4 sets X 10-15 reps with a clean form. You should feel a burn in your glutes, hamstrings and upper back.
2. Bulgarian split squats
Ahh, what a love-hate relationship. This exercise is perfect to target the glutes and quads. It will give you the best burn, I promise.
- Start by placing your left foot on a bench behind you. With the right leg you want to stand as far away from the bench so that you reach a 90° angle when bended.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand. If that’s too challenging for you, you can perform the exercise without any weight.
- Bend the right knee. Keep your BACK STRAIGHT as you go down.
- Make sure to stay relatively upright with your torso.
- Contract your glutes and press yourself up again.
Choose such a weight (or none at all), that you are able to perform 3 sets X 10 reps per leg with a clean form. You should feel a burn in your glutes and quads.
3. Kneeling squats on the smith machine
This exercise targets your glutes and lower back.
- Kneel behind the bar in a smith machine rack. You may need to put a mat under your knees.
- Slide under the bar and position it slightly under your traps/shoulders.
- Gaze forward and sit back with your butt touching your calves.
- Press up again and fully contract your glutes at the top of the position.
Perform 3-4 sets X 10-15 reps.
4. Hip Thrusts
In my opinion, every good leg and glute workout should contain a variation of the hip thrust. This targets the glutes and the hamstrings.
- Set up the barbell paralell to the bench
- Position yourself on the floor, with your shoulders and shoulder blades pressing against the bench
- Roll the barbell towards you until it is directly over your hips
- Put your hands on the bar to steady it. It is very important that your body is aligned and symmetrical
- Take a big inhale, then exhale and squeeze your glutes to lift the barbell up.
- The end position is, when your body is one straight line.
- The knees should be in a 90° angle when you are in the end position.
- Lower the bar with control.
Perform 3-4 sets X 10-20 reps with a weight that is challenging, but still light enough so that your form is clean.
5. Cable Kickbacks
Perfect finisher, as it is a great isolating exercise.
- Bend your torso slightly forward.
- Kick one leg back, keeping your hips in one horizontal line.
- At the top of the movement, contract your glutes.
Do 3 sets X 20 reps per leg.
I hope you have had a great workout. If so, feel free to tag me in your Photos, Insta Stories (@hanaviktorija).
Have an energized week,