Do you want to tone your legs and build a rounder and fuller booty, but you haven’t got access to a gym? If so, you are at the right place, because in this blog post I will show you a quick workout for that peach, which you can do at home.
In this workout, I use a resistance band, which is great for achieving a greater mind to muscle connection and more of a challenge in your workouts. Resistance bands are probably a MUST-HAVE, if you are working out at home.
My favorite ones are the BELUS resistance bands from Amazon, you can buy them here. They come in 4 different colors and stretch levels. You will love them!
Looking for a guide to help you to tone your body and build muscle?
You may enjoy this blog post:
Plus, if you are motivated you can join my 7-day workout challenge! Just download it here. 🙂
Let’s just start with one of the most important exercise – the SQUAT. I love this exercise, not just, because it has such a positive effect on several muscle simultaneously. But, because you can do it anywhere, with your body weight only, or you can spice it up a little and add a resistance band or even weights.
- To begin place your feet shoulder width apart
- Keep your toes at a comfortable outward position
- With your chest up and pressing the hips back begin to lower your body, as if you are going to sit in a small chair
- Stop the movement, when the hip joint is 90° or profitably slightly lower than the knee
- While putting pressure with your heels, lead with your chest, while pushing your hips forward
- Use the glutes to raise yourself up into the top position
- Breathe in as you squat to the lower position and breathe out, when you have reached to top position
What to avoid:
- Do not let your heels rise while performing the movement
- Round back
- Keep attention on your knees. Don’t let them track inward. Try pushing your knees out, while you press up.
- Do 20 repetitions or more, if you are working out with no weights
- Do 10 repetitions, if you have added weights
- Do less than 10, if your weights are a great challenge
Bulgarian split squats
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and place one foot to the front with your knee slightly bend and the other foot on top of a bench (or coffeetable, chair, etc.)
- For a greater challenge hold a dumbbell in each hand
- Engage your core and stabilize your body
- Keep your body upright and your head facing forward
- Gently lower your rear knee almost to the floor
- Bend the opposite knee towards a 90-degree angle
- Repeat these 2 steps more than 10 times on each side
- You can add weights for a greater challenge. If so, do less than 10 reps on each side.
You may have also heard the term “hip thrusts” for these, but this is a slightly other variation of the bridges. They are soo in trend right now. Do you want to know why? Because they work WONDERS for your booty.
- Lay on the floor and bend your knees as in the picture
- Your arms should be placed close to your torso
- Exhale and lift your hips
- Press into your hands and feet
- Focus on your glutes. Squeeze them as much as you can.
- Do 20 repetitions of this exercise. You can challenge yourself by adding 10 mini pulses at the end of the set.
You can also do the hip thrusts, which engage the booty even more. Simply grab a chair and lean your upper body on it. The chair should be directly below your shoulders on the lats. Do the movement the same way as described.
This is an exercise, where the resistance band is working soooo well.
- Start in the “table top position”.
- Before even starting the movement, focus on the glutes. Engage them.
- Lift the right leg till it is in one line with your body.
- As you arrive into the top, squeeze the booty.
- Repeat this movement 10 times on each side.
- Ones again you can challenge yourself by doing mini pulses at the top of the movement.
- You can place a dumbbell between your knee and hamstring if you want to spice it up a little.
This is pretty much the same exercise as the one before, but this time we are doing kick back to the side. This trains our side muscles of the glutes.
- Start in tabletop position.
- Lift the right leg to the side, till it is horizontal.
- Squeeze the side part of the glutes.
- Do 10 repetitions on each side.
Side leg raises
Last, but not least we have another exercise, which trains our side glutes.
- Lay on the side of your body with torso slightly up.
- Lift your right leg up. Both legs should be straight.
- Focus on the muscle that is working.
- Repeat this movement 10 times on each side.
We have made it. If you are still motivated, check out this blog posts:
- Home-workout – Abs
- Full body workout – no equipment needed
- 12 Yoga poses for beginners – If you want to get into yoga (which I strongly recommend)
Thank you so much for joining me with this workout. Leave questions or comments below! Have a nice, energetic day!
Resistance bands: BELUS