Did anyone say granola? I looove granola. Unfortunately the granola in the store is way to unhealthy and packed with a lot of unnecessary, unhealthy nutrients, like refined sugar, palm oil, etc. On top of that it is also super expensive.
That’s why I’m making my own and not only is it way yummier than the one’s in the store, but also way cheaper. It’s only made out of 8 ingredients, which makes it so accessible and easy to make.
This granola is crispy, nutty, chocolaty, vegan and it has only healthy nutrients. If you want to find out how I make it, keep on reading!
- 500g oats
- 250g mixed nuts
- 150g of your favorite dark chocolate
- chia seeds (as much as you prefer)
- cacao nibs (as much as you prefer)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TSPN cinnamon
- Toppings/served with: Greek yogurt, yogurt, vegan yogurt, soy milk, almond milk, berries, strawberries, banana, goji berries, etc.
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees
- Chop the nuts into tiny pieces
- Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, nuts, chocolate, chia seeds, cacao nibs and cinnamon
- Mix these ingredients
- In another bowl combine the coconut oil and maple syrup till smooth
- Add the oil and syrup to the dry mixture and mix it until it’s well combined
- Put finished product on a baking tray and spread it out evenly
- Bake for 45 minutes until it’s crispy and golden
After taking the granola out of the oven, you should let it cool down a little bit. When the granola cooled down, you can put it into a jar and serve it with vegan yogurt and some berries.
Are you a fan of vegan recipes? You may also enjoy:
I hope you gave the homemade granola a try. If so, I would really like to hear your thoughts on it. Leave a comment below!